The SETI Post-Detection Taskgroup (PDTG) is a subcommittee of the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) SETI Permanent Committee. The PDTG is the successor to the “Post-Detection Science and Technology Subcommittee” that existed under the former IAA SETI Committee.
Terms of Reference for the PTDG:
- The SETI Post-Detection Subcommittee exists under the authority of the IAA SETI Permanent Commmittee (SPC) and will report to it annually.
- The purpose of the Subcommittee is to prepare, reflect on, manage, advise, and consult in preparation for and upon the discovery of a putative signal of extraterrestrial intelligent (ETI) origin.
- The Subcommittee is empowered to call upon other consultants for specialist help.
- The membership of the Subcommittee shall be interdisciplinary and international.
- Membership of the Subcommittee will be as deemed necessary by the chair.
- The chair of the Subcommittee will be appointed by the SPC, and the chair may appoint one or more deputies as he/she sees fit.
- The Subcommittee aims the raise the profile of SETI.
- 2000 Subcommittee Meeting (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 2002 Subcommittee Meeting (Houston, TX, USA)
- 2010 Subcommittee Meeting (Prague, Czech Republic)